Director of Marketing & Membership Sales
Coral Ridge Country Club
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
September 24, 2011
Coral Ridge Country Club is a private, non-equity country club located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, just a couple miles from the beach. The Club boasts an 18-hole, Robert Trent Jones Sr., classically designed golf course, which has been open since 1955. We offer 11 first class tennis courts, two of the courts are all-weather, 9 are clay, including 3 hydro courts and a junior olympic size swimming pool.
The Clubhouse offers formal and casual dining areas which serve as inviting backdrops for a variety of social functions that have continued over the years including club events, gala parties, wedding receptions, charity fundraisers and more.
Sell and market Club Memberships; strategize, develop and implement programs, projects and activities designed to increase and retain membership in the club. Manage and supervise club event activities and subordinates. Represent the club in its relationships with numerous external constituencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements strategies to meet club membership goals for sales and marketing of all club Membership types.
- Utilizes sales software in order to effectively maintain contact with prospective Members on a regular basis and provide sales reports and forecasting. Remains up-to-date with software upgrades.
- Researches the need for on-going sales promotions regarding demographics, market segmentation data, etc.
- Determines markets to be canvassed for qualified individuals.
- Assesses the need for and makes recommendations regarding membership classifications to help ensure that the needs of ever-changing markets are met; recommends annual dues changes based on market research.
- Develops reports to analyze and recommend solutions when membership retention problems arise.
- Interacts with local community and charity organizations to network and market the club.
- Represents the Club at Professional Club Marketing Conferences and remains up to date on current marketing trends.
- Develops and adheres to Membership and Club Event budgets; monitors and takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that budget goals are attained.
- Recruits, trains, schedules and evaluates subordinates according to established club procedures.
- Supervises subordinate with the development of website design/content and promotion and execution of club social activities and calendar; tracks and reports on the success (performance) of all membership activities.
- Directs and manages subordinate through the implementation of summer camp procedures, promotions, mailings, revenue and commission tracking.
- Tracks and reports monthly sales, cancelations, upgrades, downgrades and relevant commission calculations for Accounting.
- Works closely with accounting to track payment/refund information and implement annual member changes; communicates all changes to respective managers and ownership.
- Maintains the integrity of confidential Membership data and of prospective members that have inquired about membership.
- Conducts New Member Orientation; ensures that initiation fees/dues are collected and that new members understand the privileges and costs of becoming a member. Informs new members of club rules & regulations.
- Processes all membership change requests; maintains membership database, files and membership rules and regulations.
- Attends management and staff meetings as required.
- Complies with all Club policies and procedures.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reaches out to Club Members for recruitment referrals; follows-up on potential referrals, staff leads, catering contracts, lists, publications, etc.
- Conducts tours and outings for prospective members. Invites prospective members to the Club for lunch, dinner, happy hour, golf/tennis outings and clinics, etc.
- Develops and assures that established procedures for processing prospective members applications are consistently followed.
- Effectively responds to member comments in accordance with club standards, policies and rules; uses ideas, feedback and suggestions to continuously improve the services provided to members.
- Serves as a club liaison to assure that the members interests are consistently addressed.
- Provides Membership Directors of other Clubs with formal letters in regards to Member applications or reciprocity.
- Completes other special projects, assignments and duties as assigned
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing or similar is preferred.
- Sales and supervisory experience preferred.
- Club, Resort, or Hospitality industry experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel/Word/Power Point required. Experience with JONAS, Publisher, Snap Fish/Photoshop, and ACT preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills-written and verbal.
- Varied schedule required, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal state and local standards.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Must be able to operate a golf cart and ride, walk and work outdoors and indoors as needed.
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer for duration of shift (up to 8 hrs).
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Country Club based position in office/restaurant/golf course environment.
- Club location may be changed at discretion of management.
- This position is approved for Manager Meals.
- Full Benefits available as Full Time employee.
Compensation will be a base salary, commensurate to experience, along with a complete employee benefit package.
Please send cover letter, resume/references, salary history and requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(No phone calls please)