Imperial Golf Club
November 11, 2011
Located in Naples Florida, Imperial is just minutes from the Gulf of Mexico. Established in 1972, this 501-C private club features two 18-hole championship golf courses covering over 300 acres of wooded land. Rolling hills and 40 acres of spring-fed lakes enhance the beauty of the courses.
The common bond of members and their families is their love for golf and an appreciation of fine golf courses. The Imperial daily lifestyle is casually focused on playing and enjoying the game. Organized men's and ladies' events are scheduled year-round and a golf manual is provided so members can choose events of interest. Major club events are scheduled during the "season," November 1 through April 30. Mid-winter Naples' climate, with the average temperatures of 57/78 and an ideal humidity, entices members to come home. In addition to club organized events, members and their guests participate in several informal golf groups put together by members. These friendly groups extend a hearty welcome to players of all skill levels. Both courses are open daily during the season and with our low number of members, you can always schedule a tee time. The local saying is, "You can always get a game at Imperial."
Many Imperial seasonal residents extend their stay in Florida to enjoy off-season reciprocal golf. May through October, Imperial participates in a program with many local private clubs, reciprocating golfing and dining privileges. Imperial is on the reciprocal golf "A" list. Players from other clubs always look forward to playing Imperial's two championship courses.
The club has an extensive social calendar that includes a wide variety of dining options as well as casual and upscale events. Many of the club's events sell out due to the creativity and great execution by the management and staff.
Imperial Golf Club is searching for a professional individual that has demonstrated experience in leading an aggressive marketing plan in a private club. The ability to effectively promote the services, facilities and benefits of membership in our club to prospective members in various target markets is essential. The Membership Director will be expected to work within the membership structure and initiatives already established in the club as well as create and implement new strategies in recruitment of new members to allow the club to grow on a national level. The Membership Director will possess and demonstrate the ability to think broadly and analyze the Club's position and industry trends to make appropriate recommendations to the General Manager, the Membership Committee and the Board of Directors. A key component of this position is public relations and the ability to effectively network and represent the Club in the local community. The ability to relate to our members and successfully obtain their referrals is also an expectation. A professional image with the ability to embrace the traditions that encompass the club is expected while being open to the evolving needs of members and prospective members. He or she will possess outstanding interpersonal skills and as well as being a self-starter coupled with the ability to be an important part of a dynamic team.
The primary duty of the Membership Director is to execute the sales plan and achieve recruitment goals.
Direct and assist in the development and implementation of membership programs, projects and activities designed to increase membership at Imperial Golf Club. Represent the club in its relationship with numerous external constituencies.
1. Maintains a membership prospecting database in which a consistent tracking of the prospecting and matriculation (enrollment) of members is continually and accurately updated.
2. Oversees the club's data base and keeps all document records of the membership register (member written files, equity certificates, etc.)
3. Reports and processes information on new members to the controller to initiate proper administration of their memberships; insures that applications are completely and accurately filled out, that joining fees are collected and that new members understand and sign off (documented)on the understanding of their privileges and costs of becoming a member.
4. Furnishes accounting with new member information to update into Jonas.
5. Informs accounting of any changes to the information in #3 above when a member changes his or her category of membership.
6. Disseminates new member information (picture and profile) to all department heads.
7. Coordinates the new member orientation with the membership chair or performs the orientation in the absence of the membership chair.
8. Conducts new social member orientations.
9. Informs Accounting of all member resignations, member changes in category/status and insures/documents that their rights and benefits have changed as a result of their change in status. This includes Leaves of Absence.
10. Conducts tours of prospective members and arranges for tee times and dining reservations and confirms/copies these arrangements with prospects and applicable department heads.
11. Informs department heads of any prospective or new members on property so that they can be introduced and/or greet themselves.
12. Insures that the Member Relations/Services Director has Welcome Signs posted on days that prospective members and new members have appointments in the club.
13. Hosts prospective and new member social functions.
14. Interacts and participates in/with the Naples Chamber of Commerce, newcomer organizations, realtor organizations, Collier Medical Society and other community organizations to network and market the club.
15. Acts as greeter at all guest golf events and display membership collateral in proper place.
16. Personally meets each club member and instills confidence that the club is operating in the best interests of the membership.
17. Assesses the need to make for and makes recommendations regarding membership classifications to help ensure that the needs of our ever-changing market are met.
18. Plans and implements approved strategies to meet the club's membership goals (within the membership game plan and sales plan for the fiscal year).
19. Assists the controller in creating the membership department's annual budget including a marketing budget that is aligned with the marketing strategies of the club.
20. Creates and maintains all club membership collateral including "Membership at a Glance" and the "Club Fact Sheet".
21. Maintains the "Membership Information" binder for all departments and Board members and disseminates any change information.
22. Calls and requests active members in good standing to make personal referrals and to assist with recruitment efforts.
23. Maintains active involvement and participation in local Membership Directors Association of South West Florida.
24. Surveys other clubs for information useful in setting and revising club membership policies.
25. Engages in professional development and continuing education training and seminars to gain knowledge.
26. Has or will obtain a membership marketing certification through PCMA (Professional Club Marketing Association) within 3 years of employment at club.
27. Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all membership information.
28. Provide notices and agenda for membership committee meetings and acts as facilitator of meetings. Prepare associated reports and information pertinent to each meeting. This includes sharing the results/failures of the overall performance of all membership recruiting activities.
29. Attends one Board of Directors meeting a year to share sales plan and give his/her opinion on "state of membership recruiting".
30. Creates monthly membership report for the Board of Directors meetings.
31. Is visible to membership in club house during peak usage by members.
32. Maintains/updates men's and women's locker roster and copies relevant departments each time an update is made. Updating accounting of all changes to be updated in Jonas locker system.
33. Researches the need for on-going promotions regarding demographics, market segmentation data, etc.
34. Attends management meetings and on occasion departmental staff meetings for the purpose of providing important information and providing sales training and other applicable training for departmental managers and employees.
35. Maintains North/South Alliance reciprocity relationships and provides communications to the Golf Pro and Member Relations/Services Director regarding changes and opportunities.
36. Requests North/South Alliance member tee times from the Pro Shop for the purpose of greeting northern club members.
37. Meets and greets summer reciprocal members who are dining for lunch in the lounge or dining room.
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO:
Bachelor's degree required
Compensation will be a base salary plus commission and bonus. Position is eligible for a Key Employee Bonus and a Member Holiday Bonus. Benefits include: Medical and Dental with minimal employee contribution after 90 days. Other employee paid benefits offered are flex medical, varied Aflac policies, short/ long term disability. After completion of one year, participation in 401k plan with employer match, 2 week paid vacation & sick time. Employee meals are provided.
Customary expenses associated with interviews will be reimbursed.
PLEASE FAX OR EMAIL RESUMES TO:
Greg Hibbard, CCM
Imperial Golf Club
P.O. Box 11809
Naples, FL 34108